Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Indiana Surprise Comedy





My sister Feliscia called me one day and told me that my brother Josh, who lives in Las Vegas, was flying to Indiana to surprise my mom and dad. Feliscia set it up that all the family in Indiana would meet for some bowling at 7 Pm that evening, at which...Josh would walk in and SURPRISE!!! The morning josh was to fly into Chicago I got up at 3:30 in the morning and started the drive to Indiana. Feliscia had to work before going to pick up Josh at the airport and Jacob, my little bro, met Feliscia to pick him up. I called Feliscia's co-worker to set up a place to surprise them and Jamba juice was the target. I arrived at Jamba Juice before my family ordered my drink and went to the car to wait. Just as planned they arrived and went in to order a drink and I walked in behind to which they non chalantly say "hey Sarah" then it kicks in that I am not suppose to be there and the surprise was a hit. So we were off to pick up Josh at Midway airport. We pull over in the cell phone waiting lot and Jacob and I crawl into the trunk to surprise Josh. We pull up to pick him up and can't find the US Airways area....yup that's right we were at the wrong airport. Jacob and I crawl out of the trunk and we head to O'Hare. On the way a call had to be made to tell our parents that we were late and push back the meeting time an hour. This was no easy feat we could not tell them why, remember they had no idea Josh and I were in town, and my dad had to go to work at 4 in the mornin. But we finally convinced them. When we get close again Jacob and I crawl back into the trunk...big mistake, you see Jacob was a little gassy and I can tell you now, from experience, when someone farts in the trunk of a car....there is nowhere for the fumes to escape and it lingers for what seems like forever. Torture in the trunk!!!! We finally arrive and there is Josh he opens the trunk and we pop out SURPRISE. However Josh was not the only one we surprised...the security at the airport also was surprised...thankfully after we got out of the trunk and hugged Josh the look of horror turned to a smile and he walked away....PHEW!!!! We head to the bowling alley only to take a wrong exit and get stuck in Chicago traffic. Again we are going to be late for the second meeting time. We eventually find our way back and when my mom calls from the bowling alley we have to lie again...now we "have a flat tire" and we will be 15 or 20 minutes late. We finally arrive at the bowling alley 35 minutes late and Feliscia and Jacob go in alone. Josh and I sneak around to a second door and wait a few minutes....Josh walks up and my dad sees him first and laughs and says " this is the big surprise" to which my mom looks right at Josh and says "what's the surprise" realizes that it's Josh and starts balling like a baby. Then I wait a few more minutes walk up behind her and give her a big hug to where she starts balling again. It was a blast. So we had to call my sister Savanah, the only one missing now. She was so upset that everyone was together except her that she decides to confide in me that she is going to buy a ticket and fly in to surprise Mom and Dad too. So she flies in late Saturday night and we surprise my Mom at church on Sunday. We drove seperate and my mom was already seated so Savanah walks up and says " excise me is anyone sitting here?" to which my mom starts balling yet another time. It was the best surprise in the world. We spent a very fun week together playing games and telling stories, laughing the entire time. Family is the best thing in the world.

3 comments:

JaCee said...

YAY! Good job Sarah! I promise this way staying in touch is so dang easy! To answer your question about adding friends links directly to your blog, after you sign in go to "customize", then "add a gadget" on the side column of the template. I would recommend doing the "blog list" for your friends and family blogs because it automatically tells you when they've updated so you don't have to keep checking it even when they haven't updated. Saves lots of time. Click on "add a blog" (i think is what it says) and type in their address. I know for mine it will tell you that it can't be found (because it's private) but agree to add it anyways and rename it. You'll still be taken to our blog from your blog but it won't tell you when we've updated. (So you'll have to give us special attention :). It's so great to see what's going on with you guys! We'd love to see you any time you're in Preston! Cole's parents moved to Dayton so we're up there all the time! And #2 is on the way, so we're excited for that! I'm excited to keep in touch this way. Sorry this is soooooo long! love, jacee

JaCee said...

oh and i must be pregnant, because the whole "surprise" (multiple times) for your mom made me start crying! I can only imagine the joy of her children, there's nothing greater...

Read and Camille King said...

hey you!! cute blog! i miss you. well let me know if you need anything "bopped" im your gal.