Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Turn the clock back


Welcome to our blog...I can't believe we did it...let me catch you up...After being married for a short 6 months Travis decided (well I guessed I helped him) to sign on to the Airforce. In March of 06’ he went through Basic training for 2 ½ months while I lived with Peggy and Richard (the in-laws) in Idaho. Some of his family and I were able to go to his basic training graduation in San Antonio, TX and spend a much needed week with him, he then went on to California for a month before I was able to join him. Once settled in our own house and together again., we decided to have an addition to our family. So we bought a puppy…Sandy and boy did things change. Just like that we were parents…Potty training…teaching….time-out in the corner. But the end result was a great friend and companion to Travis and I. We spent about 16 months on the west coast , me a dental assistant and Travis doing his own thing. The first 9 months was pretty quiet and we kept to ourselves…then we met some wonderful people…You know who you are…we grew very close to our new friends only to have to say goodbye after a very short few months. To all of our friends made we miss you very much. Wouldn't you know it Travis was getting transferred ,we were moving again…unfortunately not together…again. Travis was off to Texas again this time for 4 months. I began my journey across the country making stops along the way. I spent a wonderful month with Travis’ family and the rest of the time in Indiana with my family. We were finally reunited again, on the east coast this time, after a very long 4 months of internet movie dates and endless phone conversations. Again our lives are back to normal we are settled and our small family is back together as it was. To all that we have met and spent time with…you have touched our lives in a way unimaginable. We will always remember you, hope to keep in touch ,and who knows maybe one day our lives will intertwine again.
Thank you for everything.

1 comment:

Pogue Fam said...

You guys are awesome! I miss you :) When are you gonna take a trip out here eh??? lol. How is the whole house thing going? If you need help with your blog at all I know how to do most of it... so you know my number! I expect to hear from you soon hehe :)